Local Coffee Shops near me

Brandy Ruiz, Editor-in-Chief

The ultimate staple of the college experience: the coffee shop. Maybe you like one that has a bit of a darker, cozier ambiance or you prefer one that feels light and open. Or maybe, you just have never found the right place to really hone your focus in. 

Like many of the students at the University of Texas at El Paso (UTEP) you probably haven’t found yourself on campus in a little over a year, no worries. Whether you’re in the mood for some iced coffee, some horchata and donuts, or maybe just some good ol’ coffee shop vibes– the Minero magazine team has compiled a list of local coffee shops near campus for you to check out.

1. North Mesa

Capri Coffee & Cocktails: This coffee and wine spot is the newest on the list. It opened Nov. 2021 with a modern-neon pink aesthetic that matches their sweet-tasting signature latte: the Capri Latte.

111 E Robinson Ave, El Paso, TX 79902

Kinley’s House Coffee and Tea: Kinley’s isn’t just your local coffee shop. Sure, they sell coffee but they also sell items for students in the mood for a quick bite, a variety of teas or even a smoothie.

2231 N Mesa St, El Paso, TX 79902

The Glazy Donut: The Glazy Donut offers a variety of sweet treats in case you want to snack on something while you try their tasty drinks like the lavender horchata.

2119 N Mesa St, El Paso, TX 79902

Philia Coffee:  This coffee and wine stop is hidden in a corner on the edge of the freeway yet remains surprisingly quiet. This bright and airy stop has lots of space and many different seating options for you to sit on a couch, at a table or study in the sun on a quiet patio.

100 Porfirio Diaz St, El Paso, TX 79902

Savage Goods: Maybe you’re in the mood for a bit of a bite, Savage Goods has food and more. You can stop by and try an item from their lunch menu, drink some wine, or even try some coffee!

1201 N Oregon St, El Paso, TX 79902

2. Downtown 

Coffee Box: If you’re looking for a bit of a longer drive (though, it’s not too long) stop by the Coffee Box downtown. Its right next to the Plaza and offers seating in a nicely decorated and unique storage container structure.

401 N Mesa St, El Paso, TX 79901

DISTRICT: District is located amongst El Paso’s downtown office buildings, it offers a variety of Lattes and food items for any mood!

222 Texas Ave Suite F, El Paso, TX 79901

3. Lower Downtown 

Viejo Coffee: Viejo Coffee is a small shop located South of the UTEP campus in downtown El Paso that features some different takes on the traditional hot chocolate and lattes.

518 W San Antonio Ave Space G, El Paso, TX 79901